The Committee with the Trustees have set a program for an exciting year ahead and are hoping to organize the following events with details to follow:
The majority of events organized by NANIS are for members only so please JOIN the society to attend our events.
- Saturday 9th October 7.30pm to 11.15pm
- Sunday 10th October 4.30pm to 7.30pm
- Members free
- Non-Member adults and children over 5 years old – £4 per person per night. (Cash payment only please)
All members are welcome to bring Aarti thalis and prasad. Due to fire safety regulations could all members please use battery operated lights for diya. Kindly also ensure that any prasad offered is egg free, especially chocolates.
If you would like to make any donations or sponsorships towards any of the festive events kindly get in touch with the society on firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to request all members to do a home lateral flow test before coming for Navratri. This will be helpful to ensure your own safety and safety of everyone else.
This is a completely free event for all paid members of NANIS.
Food served: 7.45pm to 8.15pm
Capacity – 80 including children
Kindly RSVP by emailing the society on email@example.com by midnight of 11th October 2021, please also mention number of adults and children attending. The hall has limited capacity so it will be on first come first served basis. This is a completely free event for all paid members of NANIS, however we kindly request you to only confirm your presence if you are sure of going to be there. We need to give the numbers to the caterers and the last thing we would like to see is food being wasted for no shows.
We would also like to request you to perform a lateral flow test before you come for your own safety and safety of everyone else.
More info TBC
Events from the past:
- Multiple entries will be permitted from each household, but all participants must be 16 yrs or over and must be a paid NANIS members. Anyone under 16 can play with a member over 16yrs.
- There will be 50 questions just like last time and the detailed rules will be explained by the Quizmaster, Kailesh Devlukia on the day.
- You will need 2 devices in total. One device to log in to Zoom, as all the questions will be displayed on this screen. The second device will be used to answer those questions. On the day, we will explain how to set yourself up to answer those questions on this second device. Both these devices will need to be connected to the internet.
- This is a completely online automated quiz where you are scored by the system based on the correct answer and the speed with which you answer.
- At the end of the Quiz, the system will display the top 3 winners.
- Finally, you guessed right, there will be prizes for the top 3 places.
- VERY IMPORTANT – Anyone joining late to the meeting after 7.30 pm will not be able to join/participate, so please log in on time and be ready to avoid any disappointment on the day
Details to follow
We have organised fathers day activities of cooking and card making for kids. Please make a note of the requirements if you would like to participate.
Cooking ingredients for cupcakes
- 140gm Plain flour,
- 100gm caster sugar,
- 120ml coconut milk tin (do not stir) or soya milk,
- 40ml vegetable/sunflower oil,
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda,
- 1 teaspoon baking powder,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste,
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice,
- 2 tablespoon colourful sprinkles.
- 12 cup cases and tray to bake cupcakes.
- Icing sugar
- A couple of sandwich bag or ready-made tube if you wish.
Pizza – Bread, cheese, cherry tomato, peppers, olives, tomato puree or pizza sauce, fruit juice, soft fruit of your choice and toothpicks.
Card making – Few A4 sizes coloured papers like white, yellow, blue etc, few colouring pens, a glue stick and scissors.
We have arranged for Sejal Jacob Consulting dietician to speak on “Food for a Healthy Gut- Love your gut.
NANIS has arranged a virtual event to celebrate Hanuman Jayanti by chanting 11 Hanuman Chalisa.
1. Learning how to protect your home PC against cybercrime
2. What to look for with scam emails, if it’s too good to be true, it usually is
3. Scam telephone calls
4. Websites to register with and check
Professor Ketan Dhatariya, Consultant Diabetes & Endocrinology / Honorary Professor at the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital will be giving a talk on Diabetes, Symptoms & Management
This month we have organised a fitness with fun session for all our members. This session is suitable for all age groups.
NANIS has organized an Easter celebration of fun-filled activities with prizes for all participants and winners. The event will be hosted by Kiranben Chauhan and Parulben Bhatt.
- Animated introduction of Easter celebration
- Online games (2 games with prizes)
- Online Eater Bunting Craft Activity
Please arrange for the following items to be available on the day for your child to participate and enjoy.
- A4 sheets of paper (about 10-15)
- Colouring pencils/felt tips/any other medium
- Child-friendly scissors
- Piece of string/ribbon to make the bunting of appropriate length
Please send in the name and age of each participant to NANIS by no later than Sunday 28th March in order to aid us in preparations. Please email us name and age on firstname.lastname@example.org
NANIS has arranged a Webinar on “Importance of Exercises – The Physiotherapy Way” by Ankita Shah. Ankita is a Senior Physiotherapist working for the Norfolk Community Health & Care NHS Trust.