The Committee with the Trustees have set a programme for an exciting year ahead and are hoping to organise the following events with details to follow:
The majority of events organised by NANIS are for members only so please JOIN the society to attend our events.
- Multiple entries will be permitted from each household, but all participants must be 16 yrs or over and must be a paid NANIS members. Anyone under 16 can play with a member over 16yrs.
- There will be 50 questions just like last time and the detailed rules will be explained by the Quizmaster, Kailesh Devlukia on the day.
- You will need 2 devices in total. One device to log in to Zoom, as all the questions will be displayed on this screen. The second device will be used to answer those questions. On the day, we will explain how to set yourself up to answer those questions on this second device. Both these devices will need to be connected to the internet.
- This is a completely online automated quiz where you are scored by the system based on the correct answer and the speed with which you answer.
- At the end of the Quiz, the system will display the top 3 winners.
- Finally, you guessed right, there will be prizes for the top 3 places.
- VERY IMPORTANT – Anyone joining late to the meeting after 7.30 pm will not be able to join/participate, so please log in on time and be ready to avoid any disappointment on the day
Details to follow
Events from the past:
Details to follow
We have organised fathers day activities of cooking and card making for kids. Please make a note of the requirements if you would like to participate.
Cooking ingredients for cupcakes
- 140gm Plain flour,
- 100gm caster sugar,
- 120ml coconut milk tin (do not stir) or soya milk,
- 40ml vegetable/sunflower oil,
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda,
- 1 teaspoon baking powder,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste,
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice,
- 2 tablespoon colourful sprinkles.
- 12 cup cases and tray to bake cupcakes.
- Icing sugar
- A couple of sandwich bag or ready-made tube if you wish.
Pizza – Bread, cheese, cherry tomato, peppers, olives, tomato puree or pizza sauce, fruit juice, soft fruit of your choice and toothpicks.
Card making – Few A4 sizes coloured papers like white, yellow, blue etc, few colouring pens, a glue stick and scissors.
We have arranged for Sejal Jacob Consulting dietician to speak on “Food for a Healthy Gut- Love your gut.
NANIS has arranged a virtual event to celebrate Hanuman Jayanti by chanting 11 Hanuman Chalisa.
1. Learning how to protect your home PC against cybercrime
2. What to look for with scam emails, if it’s too good to be true, it usually is
3. Scam telephone calls
4. Websites to register with and check
Professor Ketan Dhatariya, Consultant Diabetes & Endocrinology / Honorary Professor at the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital will be giving a talk on Diabetes, Symptoms & Management
This month we have organised a fitness with fun session for all our members. This session is suitable for all age groups.
NANIS has organized an Easter celebration of fun-filled activities with prizes for all participants and winners. The event will be hosted by Kiranben Chauhan and Parulben Bhatt.
- Animated introduction of Easter celebration
- Online games (2 games with prizes)
- Online Eater Bunting Craft Activity
Please arrange for the following items to be available on the day for your child to participate and enjoy.
- A4 sheets of paper (about 10-15)
- Colouring pencils/felt tips/any other medium
- Child-friendly scissors
- Piece of string/ribbon to make the bunting of appropriate length
Please send in the name and age of each participant to NANIS by no later than Sunday 28th March in order to aid us in preparations. Please email us name and age on email@example.com
NANIS has arranged a Webinar on “Importance of Exercises – The Physiotherapy Way” by Ankita Shah. Ankita is a Senior Physiotherapist working for the Norfolk Community Health & Care NHS Trust.
Daksha Raja will demonstrate how to make “Microwave Pendas with a Twist’’. If you would like to join along please keep ready ingredients listed below.
- 2 cups (200 gms) full-fat milk powder
- 6-8 tablespoon ghee
- 1 tin (397 gms) condensed milk
- Slivers of pistachio nuts, saffron and elaichi powder.
- 2 teaspoon milk
- 3 tablespoon Nutella spread (optional)